WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
To verify your application, click here.
To look at the closed positions, click here.
We are currently experiencing some technical issues with our recruitment platform. We are working to fix them. In the meantime please use Google Chrome/Firefox (not Safari) to send in your application and make sure you receive a confirmation email. For any issues, please contact helpdeskHR@fht.org
HT Job Viewer Portlet
Research Group Leaders for the Human Technopole Centre of Genomics - Population and Medical Genomics Programme
We are seeking talented, preferably early career, researchers to establish their independent laboratory in Population and Medical Genomics within the Centre. Strong defining components of this research programme will be the reliance on genomic technologies for large-scale explorations of human traits and diseases, the deep functional characterisation through in vivo and in vitro experiments, and the use of computational and quantitative approaches for data analysis. Exceptionally, we will also consider mid-career leading scientist that are considering to move to HT.
The Research Group Leaders will be responsible for developing an independent scientific programme within the Centre for Genomics, as well as contributing to the collegial development of the entire HT research programme. We envisage a seamless interlinking with activities of the Centres of Functional Genomics, Neurogenomics and Computational Biology wherever relevant. The candidates will be active researchers carrying out high-quality, internationally competitive research and contributors to the international scientific community.
The mission of HT’s work in Population and Medical Genomics will be to advance understanding of genetic factors contributing to human health and diseases. Harnessing the depth of Italian population and its biomedical variability, we will seek to understand “what are the genetic factors underpinning variation in biomedical traits in the general population”, ”through which molecular and functional mechanisms do these genetic variants exert their effect”, “which of these genes and mechanisms point to potential new therapies”. Specifically, through new genomic initiatives we will generate exhaustive catalogues of genetic variation in health and selected disease collections, and characterise their function, thus informing the discovery of interventions tailored to the Italian population.
In order address these challenges, we will deploy scalable genomic technologies for large-scale explorations of human traits and diseases, in vivo and in vitro experiments for the deep functional characterisation of genetic variation, and computational and quantitative approaches for data analysis.
In the context above outlined, successful candidate(s) will engage in the following areas:
(1) Development and application of novel epidemiological, statistical and genetic analysis methods for analysis of genome variation using population-scale data and electronic health records.
(2) Deployment of genome sequencing approaches to map genetic determinants of common and rare traits and diseases.
(3) Implementation of cutting-edge genomic technologies at scale to advance the functional and mechanistic interpretation of human genetic variation.
(4) Development and application of translational genomics approaches to identify and validate pharmacological targets from genetic data.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The Group Leader will:
• Develop and supervise the establishment of a world-class research programme in genomics;
• lead their own research group;
• foster a diverse and nurturing research environment through leading and mentoring members of their teams;
• build effective links and collaborations within other HT research investigators;
• develop and foster links between HT and other national and international research organizations;
• contribute to the preparation of Centre reports to be reviewed by an external expert board;
• actively participate in initiatives that pursue improvement of all aspects of HT;
• actively participate in the co-organization and implementation of activities that will promote the image of HT in the international genomics community, such as symposia and workshops;
• contribute to the establishment of a collaborative and open scientific environment by actively participating in meetings and seminar series internal to HT. This will foster synergies between the groups and propagation of knowledge;
• raise third-party funding;
• participate and helping to designing HT Core Facilities.
The selected candidates will have an outstanding record in an area of Genomics, a strong track in technology development or adoption in computational biology or related areas, and an interest in the analysis of human systems and diseases. The Center for Genomics will be implementing strategic internal collaboration schemes and will work closely with other HT Research Centres to achieve synergies and reach joint goals. The selected candidates will possess scientific vision, leadership skills and be competitive in acquiring extramural grants. They will have a collaborative attitude. Basic requirements for the position include a PhD in a relevant science subject, and a proven record of scientific research output in the field of genomics and related area. Excellent organisational skills and a fluent command of English are essential.
Please apply online sending a CV, a motivation letter, a project description and providing contacts for 3 to 4 potential referees.
The project description should be a maximum of 8 pages long and include both a short description of current and future research in the group in the context of HT.
Questions concerning the role and any queries regarding the terms and conditions should be sent to the Head of the HT Centre of Genomics, at email@example.com.
Please apply only through the dedicated area below. (APPLY NOW)
(Please use Google Chrome or Firefox (not Safari) to send in your application. Once your application has been received, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email please contact us at helpdeskHR@fht.org )
Group leaders in the Genomics Centre will be based in Milan, recently named the city with the best quality of life in Italy.(https://lab24.ilsole24ore.com/qualita-della-vita/)
HT offers a highly collaborative, international and diverse work environment. The working language is English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups attracting outstanding graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with access to cutting-edge Core Facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive research organization. Researchers coming to Italy for the first time, or returning after residing abroad, benefit from very attractive income tax benefits. HT seeks to promote a collegial and family-friendly atmosphere. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation.
The contract is to be intended as Fixed-Term.