WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
To verify your application, click here.
To look at the closed positions, click here.
We are currently experiencing some technical issues with our recruitment platform. We are working to fix them. In the meantime please use Google Chrome/Firefox (not Safari) to send in your application and make sure you receive a confirmation email. For any issues, please contact helpdeskHR@fht.org
HT Job Viewer Portlet
Desktop Support Officer
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for a Desktop Support Officer.
The Human Technopole Foundation (HT) is in the first phase of building its core IT Infrastructure and the team that will be responsible for the implementation and continued maintenance of various centralized IT systems and for supporting the HT user community in terms of their IT requirements.
This position is placed within the HT IT Team and reports to the IT Manager.
(S)He will have the following main responsibilities:
- Providing excellent desktop computing support to our users. The environment Is expected to grow to 1000+ computers and mobile devices including support for MacOS, Windows, Linux and support for mobile operating systems;
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software;
- Install computer peripherals for users;
- Providing effective troubleshooting for desktop and mobile device software, hardware and network related issues;
- Performing an initial level of diagnosis of incidents, resolving or escalating identified issues appropriately;
- Physically or remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and correct problems;
- Providing a knowledgeable, friendly and reliable IT helpdesk service;
- Ability to work as a team member;
- Creating help articles or tutorials for users, keeping information up to date;
- Provide accurate information of HT IT products or services;
- Tracking and documenting of support requests to assure a high quality of service and end user satisfaction;
- Use of Ticketing System and Monitoring Software;
- Define a catalogue of services related to the software present in the research centre;
- Management of assets and licenses in the system through Asset Management systems;
- Identifying areas to automate and improve IT support processes;
- University degree in Computer Science, related fields or equivalent experience;
- 5 years working in a Desktop Support role; • Strong working knowledge of Windows desktop versions;
- Strong working knowledge of Mac OSX; o Basic usage of Terminal;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux flavours;
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Management;
- Working knowledge of deployment systems (SCCM, JAMF Pro);
- Creating master images for deployment and continuous management;
- Working knowledge of Office 365;
- Knowledge of PowerShell.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Previous work experience in publicly funded or private research institutes.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture. The working language at HT will be English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organisation and seeks to promote a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package granted will be internationally competitive and comprise pension scheme, medical and other social benefits and support for relocation and installation.
Please apply sending a CV and motivation letter in English only through the dedicated area below. (APPLY NOW)
(Please use Google Chrome or Firefox (not Safari) to send in your application. Once your application has been received, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email please contact us at helpdeskHR@fht.org )