WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
To verify your application, click here.
To look at the closed positions, click here.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
Head of the Genomics Facility
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for the Head of the Genomics Facility.
The role will report directly to the chair of the Genomics User Group.
She/He will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a facility capable of state-of-the-art genomics technologies, including but not limited to genome, transcriptome and epigenome sequencing, both in bulk tissues and single cells, with a strong emphasis on single-cell multiomics, large-scale projects and high-throughput multiplexing. A key mission will be to enable internal and external users to make use of the facility. She/he is also expected to contribute to the development of new protocols and the rapid standardization/implementation of new approaches. She/he will be involved in the recruitment, training and mentoring of more junior facility staff.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The Head of the Genomics Facility will:
- be responsible for implementing priorities and resource planning for the facility
- help select, lead and mentor junior facility staff, including first-line computational support
- supervise sample preparation as well as data collection and evaluation support
- cooperate with other groups to implement novel technologies
- ensure the genomics research support is world-class
- interact with the manufacturers and engineers of the necessary equipment
- organise introductions and assistance for new users of the facility
- prepare for facility reviews by external experts
- participate actively in the overall development of HT core facilities
- report regularly on progress to the genomics user group and its chair
- help design and advise IT services to meet facility and user requirements
- build effective links and collaborations within HT
- develop links with other national and international genomics facilities
- support third-party fundraising where possible.
- +5 years of hands-on experience in the use of a variety of genomics technologies
- PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject, e.g. molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or a related field of science
- Previous experience in managerial role in Genomics Core Facility, open to internal and external users
- Fluency in English – HT is an international research institute
- Proven leadership, communication, team building and problem-solving skills.
The Head of the Genomics Core Facility will be based in Milan.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture. The working language at HT will be English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organization and seeks to promote a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package comprises pension scheme, medical and other social benefits and support for relocation and installation.
General enquires concerning the role should be sent to Dr. Piero Carninci, Head of Functional Genomics (email@example.com). Applications should not be sent to this address.
For general enquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply sending a CV and motivation letter in English - as well as the name and contacts of 2 referees - only through the dedicated area below (Apply now).