WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
To verify your application, click here.
To look at the closed positions, click here.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
The Human Technopole Foundation is recruiting an experienced MEP Engineer for its new research campus:
The Human Technopole Foundation (HT) is building its research campus facilities for biological research laboratories and state of the art shared facilities such as animal imaging and computing facilities.
This campus is composed of new laboratories and preexisting buildings refunctionalised for their new purpose as research laboratories.
Inside the team of Campus Development, the MEP Engineer will be responsible for all design of mechanical – electrical – plumbing plants and for ensuring with consultants, building contractors and other HT Departments that laboratory spaces (clean space, buffer space and experimental areas) are completed in a timely and economical manner and according to researchers’ needs, while complying with applicable regulations.
He/She will have the following main responsibilities:
- Drawing the detailed design of all necessary plants for laboratory spaces (clean space, buffer space and experimental areas for dry and wet laboratories) in accordance with the researchers’ needs, the Foundation's policies and the Campus development strategy plan. In particular:
- Organising and designing plants in laboratory space to optimize energy and utilities consumptions, space occupation and workflows;
- Ensuring scientific equipment installation and setup for maximum functionality, maintainability and safety;
- Monitoring the correct implementation of this design during the construction phase of research laboratories and facilities to guarantee compliance with budgets, timelines and regulations;
- Collecting Researchers’ needs, check instrumentation datasheets and specifications, define methods and procedures to ensure the correct incorporation of these specifications into the laboratory and facilities plants design and fit out;
- Defining the technical specifications necessary for MEP plants to tender new construction works;
- With the HSE Manager, ensuring that laboratory and office working environments comply with applicable safety standards;
- Collaborating in drafting the budget for laboratory and facility realization and conduction;
- Being responsible for technical documentation supporting requests for authorization to refunctionalise existing buildings.
- 3 or more years of experience in the design of MEP plants;
- Civil or Plant engineering degree with Order subscription;
- 3D/2D Computer Aided Design hands-on user;
- Construction site experience;
- Intermediate English;
- Knowledge of criteria, specific regulations and international standards for the MEP design and construction;
- General knowledge of analytical and instrumental laboratory techniques;
- General knowledge of the Code of Public Contracts (Codice dei Contratti Pubblici – D.Lgs. n. 50/2016), design and construction processes, authorization processes within Authorities;
- A creative problem solver working collaboratively with HT staff members (Researchers, Operations, Technical Staff, etc.) and external parties involved in HT operations (Suppliers of scientific equipment and consumables, Authorities, Other Public companies involved in the project, etc..).
Preference will be given to applicants with proven experience in laboratory and facilty design or in a large academic institution or in an internationally recognized research organisation.
The MEP Engineer position will be based in Milan.
The compensation granted will be commensurate to the competences and experience of the successful applicant.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture. The working language at HT will be English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organisation and seeks to promote a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package granted will be internationally competitive and comprise pension scheme, medical and other social benefits and support for relocation and installation.
Please apply sending a CV and motivation letter in English only through the dedicated area below (Apply now).