WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
To verify your application, click here.
To look at the closed positions, click here.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
Senior Research Technician
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for a Senior Research Technician of the Neurogenomics Centre.
The role will be responsible for technical work in the lab of Prof. Giuseppe Testa, focused on the high definition modelling of neurodevelopmental disorders through the integration of brain organoids and multi-omic technologies.
S(he) will have the following main responsibilities:
- Conducting experiments in the area of stem cell neurobiology, combining cutting-edge methods from molecular biology, cell biology and organoid technology, biochemistry and histology, with a strong emphasis on advanced cell culture pipelines
- Generating/importing new tools and protocols
- Generating reliable data for publication in the projects to which s/he is assigned and record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic)
- Providing technical support and supervision to other laboratory members, including introduction and teaching of new laboratory techniques and support on the use of lab equipment to lab members, as well as members from other laboratories
- Participating in key aspects of general lab management and organization (e.g., managing inventories and stocks of samples, reagents, equipment and materials)
- At least 5 years of proven experience as Lab Technician;
- Track record in the following areas: Advanced cell culture (preferably with human pluripotent stem cell lines, organoids and primary neural cell cultures, including gene editing); Molecular Biology (DNA and RNA manipulation, cloning, sequencing, RT-PCR and library preparation for next-generation sequencing applications), Protein Biochemistry (immunoblotting and immunoprecipitation techniques, preferably also recombinant protein expression, purification and in vitro reactions), Histology (preferably on mammalian brain). Previous work with laboratory animals will also be considered a relevant asset;
- Fluency in English – HT is an international research institute;
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and to work independently;
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor;
- Ability to build trust through operating with transparency and creating an open and positive environment;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture. The working language at HT will be English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organisation and seeks to promote a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package granted will be internationally competitive and comprise pension scheme, medical and other social benefits and support for relocation and installation.
Please apply sending a CV and motivation letter in English only through the dedicated area below (Apply now).
For specific enquires concerning the role only, please contact Prof. Giuseppe Testa, Head of the Center for Neurogenomics: firstname.lastname@example.org (this email address should not be used to send applications).