WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
Accounting Senior SpecialistPositions: 1Administrative Staff Finance
Junior ControllerPositions: 1Administrative Staff Finance
Accounting ManagerPositions: 1Administrative Staff Finance
Construction Project ManagerPositions: 1Technical staff Technical Team
HSE Manager - RSPPPositions: 1Technical staff Technical Team
5 / 5
HT Job Viewer Portlet
The Human Technopole Foundation is recruiting an experienced Laboratory Designer for its new research campus:
The Human Technopole Foundation (HT) is building its research campus facilities for biological research laboratories and state of the art shared facilities such as animal imaging and computing facilities.
This campus is composed of new laboratories and preexisting buildings refunctionalised for their new purpose as research laboratories.
Reporting to the Senior Estate Officer, the Laboratory Designer will be responsible for detailed design of interior laboratory space (clean space, buffer space and experimental areas) and for ensuring with the building designers, architects, engineers and building contractors and other HT Departments that final structures and facilities are completed in a timely and economical manner and according to researchers’ needs, while complying with applicable regulations.
He/She will have the following main responsibilities:
- Drawing the detailed design of laboratory spaces (clean space, buffer space and experimental areas for dry and wet laboratories) in accordance with the researchers’ needs, the Foundation's policies and the Campus development strategy plan. In particular:
- Organising laboratory space to optimize space occupation, movement of people and workflows;
- Ensuring scientific equipment installation and setup for maximum functionality, maintainability and safety;
- Monitoring the correct implementation of this design during the construction phase of research laboratories and facilities to guarantee compliance with budgets, timelines and regulations;
- Collecting Researchers’ needs, check instrumentation datasheets and specifications, define methods and procedures to ensure the correct incorporation of these specifications into the laboratory design and fit out, and shared facilities such as Animal Facilities, Imaging Facilities and the HPC Data Center;
- Defining the technical specifications to refunctionalise pre-existing buildings into research laboratories in accordance with applicable regulations in force in the field of research and monitor the refurbishing work;
- With the HSE Manager, ensuring that laboratory and office working environments comply with applicable safety standards;
- Assisting the Procurement Department and Heads of Research Centers in preparing the technical documents necessary for the purchase of laboratory equipment, furniture and other installations;
- Collaborating in drafting the budget for laboratory design, refurbishing and fit out;
- Being responsible for technical documentation supporting requests for authorization to refunctionalise existing buildings.
- 3 or more years of experience in the design of laboratories in relevant fields of life science research, biological, biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical etc.
- Civil or Plant engineering degree with Order subscription;
- 3D/2D Computer Aided Design hands-on user;
- Construction site experience;
- Fluent English;
- Knowledge of criteria, specific regulations and international standards for the design of laboratory spaces;
- General knowledge of analytical and instrumental laboratory techniques;
- General knowledge of the Code of Public Contracts (Codice dei Contratti Pubblici – D.Lgs. n. 50/2016), design and construction processes, authorization processes;
- A creative problem solver working collaboratively with HT staff members (Researchers, Operations, Technical Staff, etc.) and external parties involved in HT operations (Suppliers of scientific equipment and consumables, Authorities, Other Public companies involved in the project, etc..).
Some domestic and international travelling will be required, to visit other research organisations and facilities.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in a large academic institution or in an internationally recognized research organisation.
The Laboratory Designer position will be based in Milan.
The compensation granted will be commensurate to the competences and experience of the successful applicant.
Moreover, we inform you that pursuant to pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise at any moment your rights as Data Subject, by addressing your requests to the Data Controller (phone no. : +39/02 30247001).