Lavora con noi
Lavora con noi
Abbiamo bisogno delle tue competenze
Human Technopole sta muovendo i primi passi per la realizzazione di un progetto scientifico unico che avrà un importante impatto socio-economico e culturale nei prossimi anni.
Se sei una persona motivata che ama confrontarsi con le grandi sfide, valuta le nostre offerte di lavoro e inviaci la tua candidatura. Il processo di valutazione e selezione sarà basato esclusivamente sul merito.
Per verificare la tua candidatura, clicca qui.
Per consultare le posizioni chiuse, clicca qui.
Stiamo riscontrando alcuni problemi tecnici con la nostra piattaforma di reclutamento. Stiamo lavorando per risolverli. Nel frattempo, utilizza Google Chrome / Firefox (non Safari) per inviare la tua application e assicurarti di ricevere un'email di conferma. Per eventuali problemi, si prega di contattare helpdeskHR@fht.org
HT Job Viewer Portlet
The Human Technopole is seeking an experienced Bioinformatician providing computational support to projects focusing on computational pharmacogenomics and engaged in the analysis of data from genome-editing, pharmaco/functional-genomics and single cell transcriptomics screens.
The selected candidate will join the research group led by Francesco Iorio, within the Centre for Computational Biology, actively interacting with the other research centres at Human Technopole, as well as national and international collaborators, such as those involved in the Cancer Dependency Map partnership, whose broad goal is to systematically identify cancer vulnerabilities and dependencies that could be exploited therapeutically.
The successful candidate will be able to implement and use new computational pipelines for pre-processing and quality control assessment of data from genome-editing screens, whole exome and whole genome sequencing databases, scRNA and bulk transcriptomic profiling, as well as developing new analytical methods and tools on an individual project needs’ basis.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Extending existing software, writing, documenting and maintaining code packages on public/internal repositories;
- curating genomic data from publicly available repositories and from the characterization of panels of cancer in-vitro and PDx models, and designing new meta-descriptors and annotations for drug/genetic-perturbation screens’ data;
- collaborating with expert biologists and other groups’ members to define amounts and type of meta-data used in each project;
- designing prototype software applications and tools to make data/results internally accessible in a user-friendly way and interacting with the core web and software developers of the centre to coordinate data/software/results flows on the public domain;
- designing new algorithms;
- training colleagues, other staff, and institute’s visitors to the use of the developed software and organizing usability test sessions, workshops and courses.
Past experience with genomic data curation and familiarity with the management of data from large-scale in-vitro drug/functional-genomic screens will be positively considered.
- PhD in a relevant subject area (Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics);
- full working proficiency in a scripting language (e.g. R, Python, Perl);
- full working proficiency with software versioning systems (eg. Git, github, svn);
- experience in creating, documenting, and maintaining software packages;
- experience with cluster farms;
- basic knowledge of statistics and combinatorics;
- full working proficiency in UNIX/Linux;
- fluent English;
- ability to communicate ideas and results effectively;
- ability to work independently and to organise own workload;
- ability to work with others in a collegial manner and to communicate effectively internally at all levels and with select external individuals;
- ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Following requirements will be also favourably considered:
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and scientific talks;
- ability to devise novel quantitative models, use relevant mathematics-heavy literature;
- experience in formulating the world in statistical models and applying them to real data;
- strong publishing record;
- knowledge of genomics and molecular biology;
- experience with data from high throughput assays;
- experience with data from functional genetic screens;
- full working proficiency in a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, D, Fortran);
- at least a couple of years of research experience post-phd.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture. The working language at HT will be English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organisation and seeks to promote a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package granted will be internationally competitive and comprise pension scheme, medical and other social benefits and support for relocation and installation.
Please note that researchers coming to Italy for the first time, or returning after residing abroad, benefit from very attractive income tax reductions.
Please apply sending a CV and motivation letter in English only through the dedicated area below. (APPLY NOW)
For specific enquires concerning the role only, please contact Dr. Francesco Iorio: email@example.com (this email address should not be used to send applications).
(Please use Google Chrome or Firefox (not Safari) to send in your application. Once your application has been received, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email please contact us at helpdeskHR@fht.org )